The Carnmarth Hotel is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. The information we collect enables us to provide quotations, make telephone contact and to email you marketing information which we believe may be of interest to you. When you mark your consent to marketing contact from Carnmarth Hotel we shall maintain a marketing dialogue with you until you opt out (which you can do at any stage). Personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information. We may from time to time use such information to collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to our website.
The Carnmarth Hotel may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/11/19.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information (not limited to):
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What We Do with The Information We Gather & Legal Basis To Do So
When you provide your personal details, we use your information for our legitimate business interests & internal record keeping. Before doing this, we will carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, the following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach:
For us to process personal data we must have a lawful purpose for doing so. This is outlined below.
- Direct Marketing: We will send Direct marketing via the postal service and by email. We will also make sure our direct marketing is relevant for you and where possible tailored to your interests. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Your Best Interest:Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our guests and visitors.
- Analytics:To process your personal information for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We also rely on consent for lawful processing where we have no legitimate interest. An example of this may be when you sign up to receiving marketing through our website. Every marketing email we send gives you the opportunity to withdraw consent by unsubscribing.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on our behalf. We require these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR. We work exclusively with a marketing and PR agency; details can be given upon request.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We do not broker or pass on information gained from your engagement with us without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request.
We will process personal data during the duration of any contract and will continue to store only the personal data needed for five years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years any personal data not needed will be deleted.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
At any point, you have the right to:
- Right of access– you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification– you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten– in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing– where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability– you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object– you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling– you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Carnmarth Hotel at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
To Access What Personal Data is Held, Identification Will Be Required
We will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. All requests should be made to [email protected].